UC CalFresh Nutrition Education Program is now referred to as CalFresh Healthy Living, University of California. This new name reflects our expanded work in California communities that encompasses nutrition education aligned with policy, systems and environmental change initiatives.
The California SNAP-Ed Mission
To inspire and empower under-served Californians to improve their health by promoting awareness, education, and community change through diverse partnerships, resulting in healthy eating and active living.
CalFresh Healthy Living, University of California helps people lead healthier lives.
As one of four State Implementing Agencies for CalFresh Healthy Living*, the University of California teaches people eligible for SNAP about good nutrition, how to make their food dollars stretch further, and how to be physically active at any age. Effective, evidenced-based nutrition education and physical activity classes are aligned with policy, systems and environmental change strategies to create long lasting community change.
- Educate - Increase nutrition and physical activity knowledge, skills, and practice
- -Effective, evidence-based nutrition education for youth, adults, seniors and families
-Offering a comprehensive, preventative approach to health
-Classes offered primarily in Spanish and English, with Chinese and Hmong classes offered in select locations
- landeng官网专业破解版Encourage state and local partnerships in support of shared goals
- 激活码生成器,详细教您万能激活码生成器 - 装机吧:2021-4-14 · 激活码生成器属于破解类软伀，建议大家破解收费软伀时只是用于自己试用，长期使用软伀建议购买激活码支持正版软伀，毕竟开发不易，这里分享一下激活码生成器下载。下载地址：点击下载 使用 …
-We partner with government and non-governmental agencies, local stakeholders, and community leaders to create further impact and generate sustainable results
- Build Capacity - Advance local priorities through training and technical assistance
- -Curricula training for “extenders” (teachers, after school staff, community members)
-Leadership development for youth
-Fostering a network of local health advocates
- Transform – Act as a catalyst for healthy lifestyle change
- -Working with communities to seek healthy lifestyle solutions that are sustainable, transformative, inclusive and grass roots driven
- Promoting healthy people and communities
- CalFresh Healthy Living, University of California works at the intersection of individual and community health - offering the latest UC research-tested expertise, talented local educators, and an uncompromising commitment to quality in community service.
The CalFresh Healthy Living, University of California offers comprehensive evidence-based nutrition and physical activity education, aligned with policy systems and environmental change services in early childhood centers, schools and community environments. Services are provided in 32 counties with 3,000 volunteer “extenders” (trained teachers, after school staff, community members). Opportunities are identified to move programs from individual/group education and interventions to comprehensive interventions and, finally, multi sectoral community and public health approaches.
The majority of CalFresh Healthy Living, University of California participants are preschool (3-5) and school aged youth (5-17) and their families. The program also works with SNAP-Ed eligible adults and seniors.
*California SNAP-Ed is administered by the California Department of Social Services in partnership with the California Department of Public Health, University of California, the California Department of Aging, and Catholic Charities of California, Inc.